Pygmalion - Revelations

The place where space and time are bent as ships travel through hyperspace to get to their destinations.

Re: Pygmalion - Revelations

Postby K-Bar on Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:55 pm

Berlin raised an eyebrow as the girl stumbled into the brig. It had been a bit longer than he would have liked since they had last spoken; judging from her apparent lack of coordination, and the odd gleam in her eye, he could already tell what one of the 'very stupid things' might be. But he let that slide. It wouldn't do any good to focus on it now.

"Oh? And what sort of things would they be, Trigger?" he said, deliberately calling her by the pet name he had given her. If she had done anything that could have jeopardized their plans, well, he needed to know, and the sooner he knew, the sooner he could figure out a way to work around whatever.. mistakes she had made.
Broken desolation,
Every hope now lays alone.
Trust forever shaken,
Reaching out to the unknown.
All the times we had and shared,
You push them to the past.
Afterwards I've come to see,
Love can never last.
K-Bar

Postby SomethingDifferent on Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:07 am

She looked at him dazedly, and suddenly her expression shifted, as if something in the careful order had suddenly, sharply, broke.

"I've done EVERYTHING wrong, Berlin, right from the very beginning. I misread the data somehow, I only ever looked at the word JADE, but he doesn't want Raan. He never wanted Raan, he wanted his wife! HER, Berlin! I could have dealt with a psychometric, I've MADE measures to convince a Jedi like him to help even THOUGH I hate the Force, but she wasn't supposed to be here! Everything's fallen apart, and I had to save her, she SAW ME, Berlin, and then I had to threaten her because she can't trust me if she's going to get off here alive! And now on top of all that I'm drunk."

She flumped suddenly to sit on the floor on the other side of the bars, her hands buried in her short hair. "Almost three years. I've done EVERYTHING over the last few years on a wrong assumption. So many lies, so much sneaking around...I even stole from a DEAD woman. And now....now I don't know what to do."

She seemed close to tears, but she didn't cry. Peko never allowed herself to cry... at least, not for a very long time.
"We are the music-makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams."
SomethingDifferent

Postby almighty_smiley on Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:36 am

The sound of footsteps permeated through the hallway leading up to the brig. Stopping at the mangled door, three silhouettes stared into the darkness, the bright lights behind them preventing any immediate recognition. One was that of a large woman, with muscles easily the size of power couplings. Immediately to her right, a relatively small man with his neck slightly cocked to the side in a gesture of skepticism. And just behind them, taller and leaner than both of them, stood Crow. With a quick nod to the head, Bendix and Reyna quickly set to work, packing cases full with blasters and carbines.

The droid moved past them as though they weren't there, moving straight towards his primary target. As he passed Berlin's cell, he slowed down considerably, taking a short look at the scene. There was Peko, lying on the verge of tears, in a state of hopelessness that the machine could describe only as disenchanting. Was it his fault? Was she like this because of what he had done? Picking up his pace, Crow's head immediately jerked the other way as he went toward his bunk.

Lifting the bed slightly, Crow slid his treacherous hand into the web-covered depths, drawing from it a large power pack and massive gun barrel, reaching in again for the tripod, trigger box, and the assembly kit for the E-Web15 heavy assault weapon. One after the other, he threw the items across the room into Reyna's waiting hands. One after the other, the parts found themselves loaded onto a cart by Bendix. As Bendix rolled the overloaded cart out of the brig, Reyna turned to follow before throwing one last look at the young woman that was about to collapse. With a sneer of contempt, she spoke intentionally loud enough for Peko to hear.

"No wonder you didn't want her with us, Crow! A sniveling, drunk wreck, this one is!"

Crow ignored the remark as he walked out of the room as fast as he could without losing subtlety. Once again turning his head away from Peko and Berlin, he didn't notice that he had stepped in a puddle of his liquidized skin, left on the floor from his earlier panic.

And just as accidentally, and just as ignorantly, he stepped hard enough for the majority of the liquid to fall loose right next to Peko's foot as he walked out, pausing at the door and turning his head slightly back. Hanging his head, the droid proceeded back into the almost blinding light, toward the rendezvous.
01010100 01101111 00100000 01100010 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101111 01110010 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01100010 01100101 00111111
almighty_smiley

Postby K-Bar on Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:34 am

The former captain sighed, then wedged his fingers through the bars, placing his hand awkwardly on the distraught girl's shoulder. "Hey," he said calmly. "We can still work around thi-.." He let his voice trail off as the three humans -- no, two humans and a droid, Berlin corrected himself -- stepped through.

He continued in a hushed whisper, his eyes set on the girl before him, though his main focus was on the figures in his peripherals, making sure they weren't close enough to hear. "We can still work with it, Peko. I've gotten through worse. We can deal with it... Trust me."

When Reyna threw out the deprecating remark towards Berlin's old pupil, he didn't glance in her direction or seem to acknowledge the woman's existence in any visible way. His only reaction was to ever-so-slightly tighten his grip on Peko's shoulder, though whether this was an reflexive gesture from anger, or if it was meant to be protective and comforting, was unknown.

"You did what you thought was right. 'S what matters," he said, while his mind started working around what Peko had just told him. He knew more about Jade from Peko had told him than he knew about Jade's wife, but he hoped it wouldn't be too much of a mess-up..

His gaze travelled down to the spot on the floor next to Peko's foot, and he quirked his eyebrow slightly as his eyes flickered over to Crow's retreating back.

It's like a horrible mix between a wet and a clanker... A tinnie pretending to be a meatbag. Who'd've thought it...
Broken desolation,
Trust forever shaken,
Love can never last.
K-Bar

Postby SomethingDifferent on Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:38 pm

Peko barely nodded, her face tight with her attempt to control herself. Lately, all she seemed to do was make the wrong decision, and then THEY had to come in...she couldn't say much of what she had wanted to, not with others in the brig for whatever reason. She had to say SOMETHING, though...

Her voice was low and dark, almost inaudible. "It's going to take longer than expected. And I can't tell you much of anything. I know you hate when I say that, but..." Her fists tightened on the metal on her knees until the knuckles turned white. "I promised. That still stands. Just be ready, sir."

She stood and walked away, unaware that she was stepping in a puddle, wiping furiously at her face.

Peko HAD promised, that was still true. Ever since she had found herself in this position, everything about the last year had been reminding her to keep that promise. Even the armor she wore...Her face finally calmed, settling at last into a now-normal state of mild agitation. Now wasn't the time to fall apart. She'd have to find out more if she wanted to fix her mistakes. Ignore the buzz of alcohol on the brain, try to ignore the unsettling fact that Lady Salicaire was now involved, and follow the weapons. They had to have been gathered for SOME reason, right? And Crow had come with REYNA to get them?

Seemed like a good place to start. She padded silently down the hall, looking for Reyna.
SomethingDifferent

Postby ~*Lauren*~ on Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:15 am

"...and for all I know, he could be setting up some sort of trap that will send me plummeting to my death..."

The quiet mutterings coming from Vyra as she strode determinedly down the hallway left an annoyed-sounding note in her wake. Her discussion with the Captain hadn’t yielded satisfying answers to her questions, although some had been silenced for fear of finding out more than she wanted to know. But right now, she had one question: Where were they going? And since the Captain had ushered her out the door without an answer, she was going to get it from someone else.

The man that had literally thrown her into this mess.

Down she went, following a gut feeling, winding through the hallways. Her eyes darted, looking for Crow. By her guess, he’d be somewhere in the lower part of the ship. Holding the Rawk shotgun lightly, Vyra made another turn as she went still farther down into the depths of the ship.
"There is always hope."
~*Lauren*~

Postby almighty_smiley on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:24 pm

Crow, walking slower than usual, reached the bridge a good two minutes after his companions. His mind wasn't focused on the task at hand, instead always moving back to Peko and Berlin in the brig. His right fist clenched in the open air, while his left balled up inside his pocket. Why couldn't she ever come to HIM with this sort of ranting? What was it that made Berlin so damn special? The thoughts moved to a more troubling concern: was he really a friend at all? The droid looked around the bridge, scanning the area as he so often did before an engagement. Almost everybody had completed their tasks, with Leo and his team almost done loading the camping utilities.

His red photoreceptors fell upon the Captain, who stared intently at the equipment. It was an organic thing, one Crow had not yet learned. What would be the point of staring at an object, or multiple objects, while thinking? One could just as easily think on the same things while looking at anything else, if anything at all. What was it that Siralis was thinking? And why would he be gazing at all of the items?

The sight would've made Crow sick, had he had a stomach.

"Captain."

Crow's definitive voice silenced the bridge. Everybody stopped what they were doing and turned around to face the machine, waiting on him. After the last address, one would have reasoned that there was no reason to go to the Captain unless there was a problem. A serious problem. One that could jeopardize the lives of the entire crew. Crow realized this, and had a small epiphany. If he played his cards right here, multiple benefits could come of it. For one, the fear that could be instilled in the crew would have them moving harder, faster, and stronger than ever. Playing his cards right now could possibly earn him a bit more respect in the Captain's eyes as a heartless killing machine.

Playing his gift from the Force here and now could even help distance himself from Peko, a vital event that truly had to happen. Regretting this notion and this move for the slightest of seconds, Crow spoke once more before he turned his back and moved toward the brig.

"We will need bait if we are to ensnare a rancor."
01010100 01101111 00100000 01100010 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101111 01110010 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01100010 01100101 00111111
almighty_smiley

Postby SomethingDifferent on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:33 pm

Lecter looked at the droid coolly, as always. "Stating the obvious, Crow? Really, I'm surprised. We discussed this earlier, remember?"

It was a few years back, but Lecter did not stop to assume a tool like the Crow would forget his initial plan. When this...test...was first composed for his guest, he had given Crow a single order: When the time comes, assemble a protective team to get Lady Salicaire to the drop point. Each member of the team has only one requirement. They had to be, in his own words,

expendable.

He continued, the words rolling off his tongue like smooth poison. "I trust your judgement on this task. I'm sure whatever...bait you have in mind is more than suitable." He could feel the crew behind the blasted machine shiver. That was good. Let them fear him now. Fear bred obedience. Obedience bred power. And power was the only reason he wanted what Lady Salicaire had to offer, wasn't it?

*************************************************************************************************************************************

Peko had found Reyna rather easily; she was NOT a hard woman to find, say what else you would about her. She was standing still on the bridge, behind the Crow, eyes fixed on the scarecrow figure of the Captain. It was hardly a good position to ask questions, but not a bad position to spy. She stood quietly in the ranks, and listened, and then for the second or third or fourth time that day she twitched with surprise and horror when she heard the word "rancor".

A rancor. They were sending Lady Salicaire to a RANCOR.

...It wasn't hard to guess after that where they were headed, at least. And at least the ice in her veins would keep her sharp until she was sober.
SomethingDifferent

Postby almighty_smiley on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:49 pm

The machine didn't stop to acknowledge Lecter's words as he prowled back toward the brig. While Phase One of his impromptu plan had brought some unnecessary jeering from the Captain, Siralis had, wittingly or not, just granted Crow to pick just about anybody to lure the beast into the cave that the Captain had scoped out when he first drew up this plan of his.

And there was only one person on the entire ship that could bring about the desired effect.

As he became certain he was out of sight, Crow pulled his left hand out of his pocket. He glanced at it and rolled his "eyes"; the skin on the hand was completely gone, and was eating its way past the wrist in an uneven manner, the resulting pasty goop jiggling with each movement. As he came out of the light and into the dark, damp recesses of the brig, he moved to Berlin's cage. He stared at the old man for a few seconds, once again questioning what it was that made him so important to Peko. Then, with a sudden movement, he grabbed the cage door with his exposed hand.

And ripped it off of the hinges.

"Get up. You're coming with me."
almighty_smiley

Postby K-Bar on Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:19 am

Berlin watched indifferently as the clanker approached, his eyes following the pseudo-Kiffar while he remained sitting still, acting as if he didn't care. The former Captain couldn't stop himself from flinching, though, at the loud scrrrrrrrang!!! of metal being ripped in two. He turned his head to regard the entrance to his cell. The bars were gone, sure, but the idea of making a run for it never even crossed his mind. Such an act would be fruitless at best, and besides...

Crow was standing in the way.

Berlin looked up and locked his eyes with the droid's photoreceptors. "Pretty impressive... for a Kiffar...." he said coolly. "I wonder what the others will think when they see that door torn clear off the hinges..." Berlin raised an eyebrow and smirked slightly. "One might wonder where you get your almost droid-like strength."

The prisoner stood then, though he took his time, stretching out his limbs and appearing to be in no hurry whatsoever. Whatever Crow wanted him for, Berlin didn't plan on giving the droid an easy time of it. "Well, I'm up. Where are we heading now, tinman?" he said in a defiant tone once he was finished.
Broken desolation,
Trust forever shaken,
Love can never last.
K-Bar

PreviousNext

Return to Hyperspace