Random Y-wing Courier

The place where space and time are bent as ships travel through hyperspace to get to their destinations.

Random Y-wing Courier

Postby Stevee B on Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:22 am

Inside the BTL-S3 Courier Variant, Vesten groaned as he tried to get into a comfortable position for the travel to Corellia. He picked up the folded set of clothes from under his legs and leaned back. Placing the clothes behind his head as a pillow, the man began to fall into a light meditation for his journey.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." -- Mace Windu
Stevee B

Re: Random Y-wing Courier

Postby Stevee B on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:13 am

Spending a day inside of a Courier was not fun, and he wondered how the return trip would be with the passenger. The passenger, as he had just thought of her, was a Force-sensitive, a human woman of Corellia. Endless possibilities of curiosity whirled through Vesten's mind for a long moment before he was rudely interrupted by the growling of his stomach.

The Jedi pulled out a slice of jerked dewback to satisfy his immediate hunger for now. Shortly thereafter, he allowed himself to actually fall asleep for a few hours.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." -- Mace Windu
Stevee B

Postby Stevee B on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:15 am

A good six hour nap, and another few hours of deep meditation to pass the time, and Vesten felt the ship suddenly jerk. Lights and slight warning alarms alerted the pilot to the approaching destination. He had arrived.
Stevee B

Postby Stevee B on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:23 pm

The Y-wing breezed through hyperspace at an unusually fast pace. Vesten was beginning to think someone had boosted the drive's output or replaced it all together. Either way, the cockpit was roomy enough for the passenger in the back as Vesten checked his gauges and equipment. Preparing for the trip back to Yavin, he was sure Adria would want to sleep for most of the way to pass the time, unless she was the restless type.

He had been quiet during the length o the ascent from Corellia's atmosphere, unsure of what to say. Often times, conversations weren't this Jedi's strong point. Once he ran out of things to check in the cockpit, however, he lifted his gaze to stare out the panes separating him from the forces of hyperspace.

"So, Adria, do you mind if I ask how long you have suspected that you were Force-sensitive?"
Stevee B

Postby Adria on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:33 pm

The question was a bit unexpected, but still Adria had known the topic would come up eventually. Focusing her gaze on Vesten's dim reflection in the forward viewports, she took a few seconds to answer, just long enough to prepare the words in her mind.

"Thirteen years now," she said finally. "Thirteen years after my final mission with CorSec. We.. It.." She shook her head, sighed, then closed her eyes. "Everything was going perfectly, a standard covert infil and exfil. TOO perfectly. It just felt like.. like something was wrong, somehow. Then something just.. yelled at me to cover. I didn't think anything of it at the time. I moved, at the same time the first shot was fired. If I hadn't moved.. I'd be dead. I saved another of our squad the same way. She seemed to be in the clear, but there was.. It was dark. Night-vision aside, it was still dark, and we couldn't see them through the trees on the estate. But I nailed one of them, behind me, without even sighting or waiting. Just.. It was like I knew."

She paused again, then finally opened her eyes, keeping them turned downward. "It was the first mission I had gone on where one of our own was killed. I saw it happening, I felt it happening, before it happened.. And I couldn't save him. There was an explosion, a mine, the blast knocked me out, but I was still able to.. to feel him go. It was.."

Adria shook her head again, at a loss for any more words. Only two other people had ever known that, her Commander and Ailita -- and Ailita knew only because she had witnessed it.

I woke up, and they told me that CorSec was being dissolved. Replaced by some kriffing mock-up of the real thing.
Rule 1: Kill 'em before they kill you.
Rule 17: Always make sure they're dead.
Rule 23: Never pull sentry duty on an empty stomach.
Rule 39: Never say no to bacta.
Rule 48: Any crash you can walk away from is a good one.
Rule 89: One's an anomaly, two's a trend.
Adria

Postby Stevee B on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:01 pm

Vesten could see Adria's own reflection on the panes of the viewport, reading her face as she told the story. He could tell that she still held on to that painful event... perhaps regretted it? All that seemed to leave his lips was a sigh, and Ves sat for a few moments. Finally he gathered himself like he would speak...

"I'm..." he started and faded off. What could he really say? She was a strong person, quite obviously, and his comments wouldn't be helpful at all. In indecision, he changed the subject. It would be obvious to her that the man was unsure of exactly what to say.

"Feel free to get some rest... it'll be a long trip." He sighed again, kicking himself mentally for a moment as he checked the ship's computer and systems once again.
Stevee B

Postby Adria on Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:20 pm

Adria looked back at his reflection, then made an attempt at a half-hearted smile. When had she become the type to just spill her secrets to a relative stranger? She knew she still wasn't the type for long periods of sitting idly, though..

"Oh, joy. Long trips just thrill me to no end. I just love the inactivity.." she said as she laid back across the seat and closed her eyes. "Try not to run into any asteroids. Or pirates. Or bad news.."
Rule 1: Kill 'em before they kill you.
Rule 17: Always make sure they're dead.
Rule 23: Never pull sentry duty on an empty stomach.
Rule 39: Never say no to bacta.
Rule 48: Any crash you can walk away from is a good one.
Rule 89: One's an anomaly, two's a trend.
Adria

Postby Stevee B on Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:54 pm

"Don't worry... the Force will give us safe passage, or at least I'll sense trouble before we get to it," Vesten said with a chuckle, though mentally he added a '...usually' to the end of the phrase. He closed his eyes and leaned back into the pilot's seat comfortably, letting his mind reach inward as he let go and began to slip into a calm meditation.

The Y-wing continued on through hyperspace, leaving some of the primary space lanes for a more direct route to the Yavin system. What was indeed a more tightly-tuned hyperdrive brought the vessel quite close to various stars as it passed various systems. After a few hours of a trip, warning lights began to flash. They were approaching Yavin in a few minutes.
Stevee B

Return to Hyperspace