Cat's Paw - Modified YT-1300 light freighter

The place where space and time are bent as ships travel through hyperspace to get to their destinations.

Cat's Paw - Modified YT-1300 light freighter

Postby Kirith on Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:39 am

The ship's computer of the Cat's Paw, which had been part of a protocol droid in a former life, continues to complain bitterly about the current pilot of the ship. It was a mechanical synthesized voice that seemed to be stuck on permanent ‘We’re All Going To Die’ mode. ::We're all going to die, I just know it. An amateur is at the controls. I just hope that the Maker makes my death quick. While I cannot actual feel pain, I do not want to experience the sensation of my wires slowly melting and my inner core overheating. Know, you Interloper, that you'll have not only my demise, but the Captain's eternal wrath if you kill us all. Alas! I fear there is no hope! Goodbye world! How I'll miss you!::

Contrary to the ship's dire predictions, the Cat's Paw was at the moment safely in hyperspace with no apparent problems, other than the screeching computer.
Just about all the world problems can be solved with snark and chocolate.
Kirith

Re: Cat's Paw - Modified YT-1300 light freighter

Postby Kris Ryan on Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:47 am

Formerly Robed Figure leans back in the pilot's chair, now that the ship was safely into hyperspace there wasn't much for him to do. He turns his head to look at Gundark Man standing in the doorway.

"So, you got something you want me to call you, or I am going to have to stick with Hey You or Gundark Man?" he asks.
There are two wolves fighting in every man's heart; one is Love, the other is Hate.
Which one wins?
The one you feed the most. - Pathfinder
Kris Ryan

Postby Darrick on Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:51 am

"Gundark Man?" He asked, raising one eyebrow. "Is that the best you can come up with?" He studied Formerly Robed Figure before saying, "Name is Darrick. Darrick Samick. And yes, I realize it rhymes. Now I assume you have a name, or would you prefer I call you Formerly Robed Figure, or Death Wannabe?"
Darrick

Postby Kris Ryan on Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:00 am

Cathaír chuckles, raising an eyebrow of his own.

"Formerly Robed Figure, very original. No, I don't think I want to called Death Wannabe either. Name's Cathaír Astori, nice to meet you Darrick," he says, standing up and stretching out a hand.
There are two wolves fighting in every man's heart; one is Love, the other is Hate.
Which one wins?
Kris Ryan

Postby Darrick on Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:16 am

Darrick reaches out with his own hand to take Cathaír's hand, shaking it firmly. "It will be nice doing business with you, Astori," he says, withdrawing his hand. "I hope your skills as a pilot are as good as you claim - it's rather important that I find the owner of the Cat's Paw and I fear I may be running out of time. For one thing, the standards of food quality on this ship plummet when she's not around. And there are more . . . serious issues."

Darrick's face is blank, hiding how he feels about the matter, although the slight pause in his voice before saying 'serious issues' betrays the fact that the gundark-like man is worried about the owner of the ship. More than he cares to admit.
Darrick

Postby Kris Ryan on Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:19 am

Cathaír reads the hidden concern in big man's eyes, but decides to say nothing. Instead he gives Darrick a confident smile.

"Don't worry about my flying skills, I'm a better pilot than you and that's all you need to worry about," he says. "Say, speaking of cooking...you got any food around here? I'm starving!"

As soon as he says it, a loud rumbling from his stomach emphasized the words. Cathaír realizes he hasn't eaten since the dinner before his duel with Kelsor back on Yavin...He is amazed that he hasn't noticed this lack of fuel in all that time, then surmises that in the excitement of his fight, trial, and escape that simple biological functions must have taken a backseat to physical survival. But now the time had passed, and his stomach lets him know that it is very annoyed at being ignored.
Which one wins?
Kris Ryan

Postby Darrick on Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:24 am

The corner of Darrick's mouth almost twitched at the sound of Cathair's rumbling stomach. "The galley is out back. We've got some standard spacers rations if you want them. Or, if you know how to cook, you can try. Kirith . . . she's the girl that's gone missing . . . had it well outfitted. She's been gone for a few days now, so all the leftovers are gone." He turned to leave the cockpit. "It's this way," he said over his shoulder, leading the way.
Darrick

Postby Kris Ryan on Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:17 am

Cathair's stomach lets out another series of growls.

"At this point, I will eat just about anything," he says, following Darrick rather eagerly.
Which one wins?
Kris Ryan

Postby Darrick on Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:23 pm

Darrick led Cathair towards the galley in the back of the ship. It had a similar personal feel that the cockpit had, but this one only slightly more inviting. On one set of shelves that stood above the stove, a series of cooking datapads were neatly lined up in a row. In the sink there was a leftover tray of what looked to be brownies. They were recently finished off within the last day or so; Darrick had eaten all the food that was leftover after she had gone missing and had yet to clean anything.

There were a few more pictures that were on the walls, a few of Darrick and the flight suit girl – Kirith, but others of places that they had visited, always with the Cat’s Paw somewhere in the holoimage. It was similar to the pictures that parents often take of their children, in front of every monument they come near – only this time it was the Cat’s Paw. It was like the Cat’s Paw was considered part of the family of someone on board. Although it probably wasn’t Darrick. He didn’t seem like the type.

Darrick kneeled down and pulled out some army grade rations out of the back of the cupboard. He tossed one of the packages to Cathair. “There ya go. It ain’t the best stuff in the world, but at least you won’t be hungry anymore.”
Darrick

Postby Kris Ryan on Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:13 am

Cathaír catches the ration package, opens it, and devours the contents in a matter of minutes, ignoring the bland taste. His stomach ceases its obnoxious vocalizations and he lets out a sigh of relief.

"Much better," he says.
Which one wins?
Kris Ryan

Next

Return to Hyperspace