Cat's Paw - Modified YT-1300 light freighter

The place where space and time are bent as ships travel through hyperspace to get to their destinations.

Re: Cat's Paw - Modified YT-1300 light freighter

Postby Kris Ryan on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:47 am

In his bunk Cathair rolls over, his breathing steady and calm, but the expression of his face is anything but tranquil, it tells of troubled dreams....

There was a voice whispering in his ear, and yet not his ear...it was in his head. The voice was cold and sinister. Cathair found himself reliving the fight with Kelsor. He had heard the voice then too...Kill, it said.Use your anger, it is a weapon. Harness your fury and unleash it on the enemy. Cathair felt his anger rise, his vision going red, he could not control it. He was raising his lightsabre for the final blow, he could disarm the Bothan, the fight would be over, that would be all...Kill, the voice whispered and it touched something inside him. In a dark little corner he wanted to kill...

The dream faded. Another took its place.

He was standing outside the Praxeum, the temple was burning. There was smoke in the air and parts of the structure was crumbling. screams shattered the air, crying, pleas for mercy, for help. ...they were aimed at him...suddenly he could see himself, dressed in a black robe similar to the won he had now, but somehow more sinister, his face in shadow, eyes glowing from beneath the hood. there was a saber in his right hand...the forearm was covered by a black glove, and somehow he knew that it was now mechanical...the saber in his right hand sprang to life as a voice called his name...the blade was red. As Cathair watched a figure crawled toward the vision that was him, after a moment he recognized Adrian...Fireze reached out a hand to his friend, pleading for help, the dream Cathair smiled...it was the most frightening smile Cathair had ever seen, made more so by being on his own face. The gleaming eyes brightened for a moment and then the red blade came down on Adrian's exposed neck...

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" his own horrified screams jolted Cathair awake and he tumbled off the bunk in a cold sweat, where he sat on the floor shivering for several moments trying to remember where he was and shut the images of the dream from his mind.
There are two wolves fighting in every man's heart; one is Love, the other is Hate.
Which one wins?
The one you feed the most. - Pathfinder
Kris Ryan

Re: Cockpit

Postby Darrick on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:48 am

"Okay, you hunk of junk, let's make a few things quite clear for your tiny little mechanical brain," said Darrick. His voice was cold, and as he continued his tirade at the ship, he started to emphasize his points by slaming a fist down on button-less/screen-less portion of the dashboard. "One. I'm not exactly the most humane person in this galaxy. I kill people. For a living. Two: I don't have a better nature. This is my nature. And Three: Kirith is kriffing gone, and can't say anything on the matter because she got herself kriffing kidnapped because she was being too damn naive again and wandered off into a really bad situation. So if you ever want to see your precious Captain again, I suggest you cooperate and stop being such a pain in the arse, and maybe we'll find her before it's too late."
Darrick

Re: Cockpit

Postby Kirith on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:51 am

The computer, for once, remained silent after Darrick's unexpected outburst.
Just about all the world problems can be solved with snark and chocolate.
Kirith

Postby Darrick on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:08 am

"What the . . .?" muttered Darrick, as his momentary satisfaction and beating the computer was foiled by the cry of some over dramatic force user just discovering something that caused then to yell "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" up at the sky for no real reason, other than the fact that they found it dramatic. Swearing slightly, he jumped out of the chair and stormed over towards Cathair's cabin. He raised a hand and pounded on the door. "Astori? What's going on in there?" he called.
Darrick

Postby Kris Ryan on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:16 am

At the knock on the door and Darrick's voice, Cathair pulled himself together. He wasn't going to tell Gundark-Man that he'd had a bad dream....no matter how horrific it was, or that it might be prophetic...he slammed the door shut on that thought, that was not a possibility he wanted to contemplate.

"Umm..nothing...I'm fine...just...uh...realized i didn't have my...uh..." Cathair pauses as he tries to think of something to explain his scream. "Didn't have my pazaak deck. I..uh..left in my apartment..." he ends lamely, hoping Gundark-Man will accept the answer.
There are two wolves fighting in every man's heart; one is Love, the other is Hate.
Which one wins?
Kris Ryan

Postby Darrick on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:09 pm

Unable to actually look at the Formerly Robed Figure, Darrick opted for a blank stare at the door to Cathair's bunk. "You forgot your pazaak deck . . ." he said, in a monotone, deadpan voice.

Does Death Wannabe realize what a horrible liar he is? Darrick wondered as he waited for a few moments, wondering if maybe Cathair would decide to actually tell the truth. True, it wasn't like the two had entered into a partnership that required a great deal of sharing and explaining of the feelings - Darrick certainly didn't want that from Cathair. But he did want his employee to at least be straight with him - especially if Cathair was the only thing between him and a (somewhat) safe journey to Nar Shaddaa.

Besides, Darrick wasn't stupid. No one yells "Nooooooooooooooo!" in quite that fashion upon discovering that they misplaced their pazaak deck. No, that 'Noooooooo!' was of a much more Sinister Nature, capital letters included. In this case, Sinister Nature was most definitely a proper noun.

For not the first time (and probably not the last), Darrick found himself wondering if maybe hiring Cathair was not the best idea in the world. Maybe he should have just tried is luck and attempted to fly the ship to Nar Shaddaa, then use some of his contacts from there to continue the search. It was too late for it now, unless he wanted to shove Death Wannabe out the airlock (which he had to admit was a very tempting thought), and besides, he needed to tall redhead to land this ship.

After that . . .

Well after that Darrick could make sure they went their separate ways. If there was one thing Darrick knew, was this Cathair was bad news.
Darrick

Postby Kirith on Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:09 pm

Whatever reply Cathair was going to give was cut off by a loud screech over the ship's com system. "Systems failing! Systems failing! Unexpected land mass! Coming out of hyperspace. I do suggest you hold on to something, although knowing our luck, we're all going to be blown apart."

All over the ship, warning red lights flashed, and the ship shuddered, before dropping out of hyperspace.
Just about all the world problems can be solved with snark and chocolate.
Kirith

Postby Kris Ryan on Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:03 am

Cathaír barely stands up before alarms and flashing lights begin going off and the ship shudders, knocking him off his feet. from his place on the floor he realizes that they have just dropped unexpectedly out of hyperspace.
Which one wins?
Kris Ryan

Previous

Return to Hyperspace