Pygmalion

The place where space and time are bent as ships travel through hyperspace to get to their destinations.

Re: Pygmalion

Postby SomethingDifferent on Sat May 31, 2008 6:31 pm

Peko swayed as the Pygmalion jolted back into hyperspace, with the ease of years of practice. It was a good thing, too; she hadn't managed to sneak many extra rations out of the kitchens. She wouldn't have been able to sneak any out at all if the cook that had caught her wasn't an old friend of the Captain's. He may not be doing anything insane behind the new Captain's back, he said, but he certainly didn't want the old man dead...She ducked her head as she entered the brig. It was nice to know she wasn't the only one not comepletely satisfied by Lecter's promises.

The brig was quiet. Lecter must not be posting a guard anymore; when he said that every spare hand was to go into finding Jade, he must have meant it. Well, at least it meant she could talk freely. Still, Peko spoke quietly; in this part of the ship, her voice always seemed to echo like two people instead of one.

"Berlin? You hungry?"
"We are the music-makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams."
SomethingDifferent

Postby K-Bar on Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:10 am

"No," came the dry response. "I'm locked up in this cell, have been for years, but I'm definitely not hungry. Nope, not at all..."

A soft chuckle came from the man's cell. "Of COURSE I'm hungry, Trig! If you've got anything to spare, then by all means.. please do.."
Broken desolation,
Every hope now lays alone.
Trust forever shaken,
Reaching out to the unknown.
All the times we had and shared,
You push them to the past.
Afterwards I've come to see,
Love can never last.
K-Bar

Postby SomethingDifferent on Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:30 am

As she approached his cell, Peko looked back behind her with bemusement. "What happened to the door? Some guard get too playful with his new Jedi-killer of a weapon?" She tossed a tightly wrapped packet between the bars as she crossed her legs and sat on the floor nearby. "We're on starvation rations again until we find what Lecter wants, but at least it's the meat's still green this time around."

She took a bite of her own packet, adjusting the new additions to her armor; a pair of strapped flat plates covering her elbows and upper arms, matching the ones on her knees. "Man, I hate wearing these things...I wish it weren't necessary. But..."

She shifted again, and her grey eyes met those of her Captain levelly. "I think we're headed there. He found a big enough clue...Mon Cal might be next. So we need to talk."
SomethingDifferent

Postby K-Bar on Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:17 pm

"Heck if I know what happened to the door. I find the ceiling much more interesting nowadays..." He sighed, taking a small bite of the food, savoring it so it would last a bit longer. "Anyways, it had to happen sooner or later.. Of course, 'later' usually becomes 'sooner' rather quickly..."

He shook his head, chuckling. "Listen to me.. I think I've lost a few marbles waiting in here. So... I guess we do have to talk.. What now?"
Broken desolation,
Trust forever shaken,
Love can never last.
K-Bar

Postby almighty_smiley on Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:04 pm

The flux of hyperspace blazed infinitely across the transparisteel viewports, inviting all to lose themselves in the blue haze. It was said that, if one stared long enough, insanity took hold. As such, it was commonplace to shield the ports somewhat, so that the effect took longer to manifest.

Crow didn't mind at all.

The droid instead viewed the endless blue as a means to an end; a necessity to reach a goal. If anybody was lost en route, that was their own fault. In fact, Crow didn't know where the ship was headed. He didn't even care. All that mattered now was the next mission, and how it would be accomplished. And assuming that his previous task had been completed, it meant that the ship was finally reaching its ultimate destination. The Captain had planned to take over the target's personal yacht and scrap the hunk of junk he currently flew aboard, just to solidify his victory. Like hyperspace, Crow mused, the Pygmalion was merely a means to an end.

As Crow's programming took over, he found himself moving toward the brig / armory when something inexplicable happened. His memory archives opened up a recording, dated several years back. What got the machine was that he hadn't commanded such a task; it simply came up on its own. Programmed to believe that everything happened for a reason, the infiltrator allowed the video file to play out while he moved.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"No! No, you damned droid! I can't think if you're constantly questioning me! What is *wrong* with you?!?"

A sudden, violent burst of movement, as if the camera is thrown across the room.

"GAH! Oh-Three, you there? Respond if you read me!"

Roger, Master.

"Good, good...I'm sorry. It's this...this thing!"

Your apology is unfounded. I am merely property. Even if I had feelings, I have no pain.

The camera re-adjusts itself, focusing in on a dashingly handsome man. His hair is jet black, his eyes an oceanic blue, with a look to them, as if he isn't focused on the moment. His face is covered in small, almost invisible scars. And, most notably, an oily, black substance coats everything on his toned body up to the top of his neck.

"I know, I know, but it's like I have to now. I don't know what it is, this creature is affecting me. It's like I can't fight or do anything with the malice or hatred I once held. Maybe...maybe this monster is doing it? What do you think?"

I do not think.

"Well, what do you *analyze*, KR-03?"

I analyze that your behavioral patterns and brain wave counts have changed significantly since acquiring the unknown organism, and even more so upon meeting the only Jedi that posed a challenge to you during your raid on the-

"No, no no no no, that's not it. It can't be."

May I finish?

"Yes, sorry."

It is likely that your change in character can be attributed to meeting that female Padawan in addition to the existing oil-like problem.

The man holds still for a minute before cracking a small grin.

"...I know. There's something about that girl, though! She can't possibly be more than two years younger than I am. What's the worst that could happen?"

The two of you could elope, despite the long, arduous process it would take for such a thing to even become statistically possible, and meet together on a starship that runs along an asteroid without enough escape pods for the both of you, and she dies of oxygen starvation while you live among one-thousand five-hundred dead sentient beings with little hope of being rescued.

Silence. The man cocks his left eyebrow at the camera.

Merely an analysis of-

"Yeah, yeah. But I don't know. Ever since I met her...how long has it been, a week? I haven't gotten any sleep at night."

Your pupil dilation and eye markings will attest, Master.

"Obviously. But I've never met anybody like her. And since that moment, our eyes locked...I don't care to meet anybody else. All I want...all I *need*...is her by my side."

The camera swiftly moves toward the young man, with a metallic arm slapping him across the face. The lad looks up in sheer shock.

Master, such thoughts are harmful. You have a greater plan, you cannot afford to spoil it for one little girl. It is unlikely she will ever accept you. It is imperative that you remain focused on your task. Light *and* Dark Jedi are supposed to be above their emotions, to work for a cause beyond them, whatever it may be. And as such, you must dedicate yourself wholly to such a task. In analysis, the chances of you two being together is 0.0152 %.

The young man looks up, his grin even bigger.

"That's still a chance."

Another smack from the mechanical arm.

"You're...you're right, Oh-Three. It isn't right for me to feel this. Even less so for me to follow it. It will destroy me and everything I have worked to create. She must either stay away from me...or be killed."

An excellent decision, Master.

The substance surrounding the young man overtakes his head, with a dangerous-looking mouth and large, white eyes surfacing.

"I am going off to find her, Oh-Three. If I do not return within the month, you have orders to kill her, understood?"

Understood, Master.

"Good. You already read my brainwaves, you know both what she looks like, how she fights, and where she is. You can do the rest."

Understood, Master.

"Now, go into standby until a month passes. If I am not standing within ten meters of you when you come online again..."

A pause, as if the goo-covered man is unsure.

"...you know what you have to do."

The man leaps out of the window as the feedback cuts.
01010100 01101111 00100000 01100010 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101111 01110010 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01100010 01100101 00111111
almighty_smiley

Postby SomethingDifferent on Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:54 am

Peko swallowed, urging with her empty hand for the Captain to do so as well. Putting the sandwich down, she regarded her friend steadily.

"Well, first off, I'm going to need you healthy and up-to-date. Review all the weapons knowledge you remember, make sure it's razor-sharp. When a guard DOES check up on you, take good note of his new equipment. I'm fairly sure that if Lecter's ever going to have a reason to let you out on his own volition, it's going to be because you're useful. You taught me everything I know about firearms, sir, so I think you can handle that." She smiled at him crookedly, half-heartedly, as she took another bite.

"Alsho...." She swallowed, and continued. "Him finding the target...it's pretty much inevitable by now. The only thing to do is to get them alone and try to explain things without getting killed." Peko shook her head slightly, and laughed darkly. "Damn Jedi...it's the only reason I'm glad for the hauls over the last few years. You remember the ones."
SomethingDifferent

Postby K-Bar on Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:58 pm

"Up-to-date, roger that, ma'am," he said, offering a small salute. "I'll make sure to quiz myself thoroughly. Unless I forget something..." He sighed. "Don't worry. I'll be ready."

Berlin stood and crossed to the other side of the cell, then leaned back against the wall there and slumped down.

"Yeah. I suppose that solves half the problem with Jedi.. Though I think once you DO explain things, getting killed won't be an issue. Guardians of peace and justice and all that jazz. They wouldn't kill us just for capturing them and holding them against their will." He paused, thinking about what he just said. "Well, OK, they might be tempted to, and depending on the Jedi, we may end up with some serious injuries, but I don't think they'll kill us.."
Broken desolation,
Trust forever shaken,
Love can never last.
K-Bar

Postby SomethingDifferent on Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:09 pm

Peko looked at him darkly. "You're far too right." Finishing her rations, she leaned back against the bars of his cell, looking back at the crushed--or was it mangled?--door. "That's the problem with the Force. You can be good, or evil, or whatever in between, but if you're Force-sensitive, people always end up getting hurt. You can't trust the idea of controlling it. Someone always gets hurt when the Force is involved."

Her voice was soft, and oddly sad. "Always."
SomethingDifferent

Postby K-Bar on Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:01 am

Berlin raised an eyebrow at the girl's unusual tone. Glancing at the door and then back at Peko, he spoke slowly. "I won't disagree with you on that.. Though I didn't expect you to be so .. opinioned .. about it. Me? I was alive during the Clone Wars.. I've heard enough about Jedi... You're still young, though.. What'd they ever do to you?"

His tone was half-joking, half-serious. His words sounded light-hearted, but he hadn't heard her talk like this before, and that was a bit worrying..
Broken desolation,
Trust forever shaken,
Love can never last.
K-Bar

Postby SomethingDifferent on Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:38 am

Peko drew her legs to herself as far as the armor plates would allow her, her back heavy against the bars. "It's not what the Jedi did to me."

The sat there, together, in a long moment of silence, before she shook her head, as if coming out of a daze. "But come on, YOU've got to see it. The Jedi were blamed for all sorts of political abuses. If the stories are true, Palpatine was a Force user. All the greatest atrocities of our history were committed for the sake of either gaining, protecting, or eliminating that kind of power. And let's look at it on a smaller scale. If it weren't for the damn Force, you wouldn't be in that cell, I wouldn't have to wear these horrid things," here she picked yet again at the straps binding the metal plates to her arms, "and this ship wouldn't be under the thumb of a Force-sensitive madman who's out to do gods know what." She took a rough bite of her own meal, and chewed it almost angrily. "Let's face it. If the Force didn't exist, you, me, and most of the universe would be better off."
SomethingDifferent

PreviousNext

Return to Hyperspace