Death's Shadow

The place where space and time are bent as ships travel through hyperspace to get to their destinations.

Death's Shadow

Postby Lady Thanatos on Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:55 am

The dark garbed figure glides down the silent hallways of Death’s Shadow, apparently oblivious to the eeriness of being the sole living creature on a ship slightly larger than a Carrick Cruiser. The figure would of course argue that she was never alone, as Shadow was always there and arguably a living creature itself. Completely automated, and equipped with a completely independent, sentient level mind: the highest droid mind money could buy imbued with “life” through careful and time-consuming manipulation of spiritual energy and the Mechu-dero technique.

The figure stops outside a door at the end of the hall. The door hisses open and the figure strides through into her personal quarters’ outer room. She walks over to a table in the middle of the room. An ancient tome sits on the cold metal table, a rare object: knowledge inscribed in a book as opposed to a datapad. The figure stops before the book, glaring down at it. She flips it open carefully, eyes scanning the various complex symbols that line the pages. She grinds her teeth in annoyance. Why can’t I figure this out. I know some of the symbols, or at least, I feel like I should. But their meaning continues to elude me. She lets out a sigh. Hopefully Kijlic will be able to make something of them…for his sake.
Lady Thanatos

Re: Death's Shadow

Postby Lady Thanatos on Thu May 29, 2008 1:09 am

Sometime later---

::WE HAVE ARRIVED, MY LADY. I AM PREPARING TO EXIT HYPERSPACE NOW. HAVE YOU MADE ANY HEADWAY DECIPHERING THE BOOK?::

Thanatos shakes her head, emerald eyes blazing in annoyance.

"Unfortunately not, Shadow. I feel like I should know it, I just cant quite grasp it...it's like the meaning is just floating just beyond my conscious mind..." she lets out an annoyed sigh.

::I SEE:: Shadow replies, ::FIGURATIVELY, THAT IS, SINCE I DON'T REALLY SEE.:: he continues, making an attempt at humor.

Thanatos takes no notice of it.

::DOES MY LADY HAVE ANY OTHER DIRECTIVES?::

"No, just land me close to Kijlic's"

::AS ALWAYS, MY LADY, YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND:: Shadow says dryly, then drops out of hyperspace.
Lady Thanatos

Return to Hyperspace